Saturday, July 18, 2009

July 18th Day 27 30 in 30 The Journey so far.

As I typed the title to this post I have a hard time believing that day 27 of the 30 day challenge has arrived. There have been many little benchmarks along the way and it is amazing to me how a random group of people from around the world have been able to form a tiny community with a shared goal. We are male, and female, we are all body types, we are young, and not so young. Some started out more fit than others, some of us have participated in other programs before, while some of the team were complete newbies. We even had a few that were chosen and decided to drop out before the fun really started. The common denominator is that we all took a chance that DAX MOY had a plan and we all wanted to see what would happen if we implemented his plan.

Here in beautiful Southern California, I woke up this Saturday to an absolute gorgeous beach day....Sun is shining, birds are chirping, and I thought Oh Lordy what is my first workout supposed to be?... I am sort of laughing to myself...because normally I would think, hmmmm what do I want to eat this morning. I feel kind of thick and not exactly bloated but not light..so I am imagining a 5 pound weight gain. Went to the scales to face the music and wouldn't you know it I dropped 2 pounds... there is absolutely no rhyme or reason that I can think of to attribute this loss. Unless of course it is a constant regime of sensible eating and excercise. That I suppose would be the time honored method of weight reduction.

Confidentially, I have no idea any more if today is a low carb day, a high carb day, or a fast day...My work schedule and sense of time is completely out of synch.. I can honestly say my major goal is just to stay ED friendly and get as many of the workouts in each day as my brain and body can handle.

There are only a couple of the workouts that Dax has introduced where I am physically unable to complete as demonstrated...They usually stem from lack of core strength. This is particularly frustrating to me as in an earlier version of myself...I spent 12 years as a synchronized swimmer and even taught beginning gymnastics to little ones. There was a time that I actually had a midriff that was a hard as a washboard. I digress in my walk down memory lane.

The point of this long winded post...Dax had a plan, and he implemented his plan with a randon ragtag bunch of volunteers. We had to take responsibility for our plan each day to implement his program. On Tuesday we will all be reporting our success....will any of us lose 30 pounds in 30 days, honestly I do not know, I too will have to wait and see...Personally I am not sure I really care...that is not to sound harsh, but in a 30 day timeframe to handle 3 different workouts a day, stay true to an ED friendly diet and change your body shape completely I think is pretty amazing.

The 30 in 30 group of people has shown courage, determination, and a willingness to make changes in their lives.

I am writing this post today because I travel tomorrow and will be out of town the remainder of the week. I just do not know how much time I will have to blog my thoughts. I will do my best to stay current, but I just do not know what the week has in store for me.

To anyone out there wanting to make a change regarding your weight, and fitness level, I wholeheartedly reccommend that you look at any of the programs DAX MOY puts together...they work. Remember that nothing in life worth having or doing is going to be easy, you have to work hard to get what you want.

Warmest regards for everyone's success.

No comments:

Post a Comment