Monday, July 13, 2009

Week # 3 30 in 30 aka Good News Bad News

Last week was far more challenging than I ever imagined. I was sent to our Corporate Offices because I have been the Sales Engineer for this large account. in two weeks we have a week long onsite program with this account and last week the team going on site worked to put the entire program together. While I will not be doing the actual training, I am the conduit between Sales and Training... anyway...it was a successful week but at a cost to me personally.

Good news each day...I did my morning workouts...Bad news never got a middle of the day workout done. Good news Each day I stopped at the grocery store and brought in to the office a healthy lunch...as none are available at the office.
Each day started at 7:30 in the morning and we usually got out of the office by 7 or 7:30 each night...Bad News on 3 of the days I ate ED friendly dinner and got home by 8:30 and fell into bed...NO evening workout..

To add to the weeks degree of difficulty, I was reassigned to a different sales team, which translates to a new boss and while technically the job is the same thing, the level of complexity is way higher.. some would think this is a feather in my cap, I however, was very happy doing what I do, and staying out of the limelight. I am now in very high profile accounts and that add to the stress. On top of that for three nights I awoke at 2 am and could not sleep for 2 to 3 hrs thinking about the ramifications of this change, so my rest was seriously affected.

Thusday I started out the day with every intention of going with the Fast... I got to about 1 pm and found that I could not focus on the data entry that had to be done and when I got up I was light headed...Bad News did not plan on eating and did not have anything handy...so one of the team members handed me a roast beef sandwich and I ate it... felt so much better when there was food in my stomach... Long story short....I did not handle that experience very well.

So let's fast forward to Friday Sat and Sunday....Friday I worked until 2:30 drove to airport made my flight by skin of my teeth, got home around 8:30 PM got two workouts done and stayed ED Friendly, Sat same thing but slept most of the day.....I was really beat. Sunday I have misplaced my folder with all my workouts printed....and still cannot find them so did the workouts that I remembered...spend the majority of the day after buying groceries sitting out in the sun reading a book.

It is now Monday July 13 the start of week # 4... I weighed in this morning and my weight "Big Surprise" did not change...I am down 6 pounds but my measurements were also the same...a total of 14 inches...I did try on clothes that I was able to wear a few years ago when I weighed less than I do now, but the measurements were different and the great news is they all fit.

Summary of Workouts:

I am up to 70 in PC takes me longer than 20 min but that's OK, I still can only get up to level 5 on Pyramid,within the 20 minute time constraints, I am able to complete two full sets of DB without crying, and all this is still using 10 pound weights. I still have problems with Russian Twists, I CAN DO LEGOVERs big yahoo..., and lastly my situps are getting better, more movement from crunch position to more sit up position...not yet perfect but better. As for Spiderman well as far as I am concerned a couple of those goes a long way..I can do them but for some reason i just hate them, I guess cause I feel like a klutz...not very graceful if you know what I mean.

My goal for this week is to Fast today...so far so good, but I have only been awake for an hour...it's 7:am. Complete three workouts, and finish the last week strong.

This 30 day challenge is not for the faint of heart, and it takes a great deal of planning to be successful. I think that there are many factors that come into play per individual that participates. Age, shape, level of fitness at the start and of course many others....Mostly it is digging deep inside yourself to pull the desire to accomplish something that ordinarily most people would just blow off after a couple of days.. Congratulations to everyone that is still hanging in after 3 weeks. That is a statment in and of itself as your character and desire to do something special. No matter each persons individual accomplishment, I hope that we have given Dax the information for his trial. I will be interested to know what his goal for this 30 day trial is and how he measures it's success.

Good luck all with Week # 4.
Margot

Be sure to Check out Dax Moy Personal Trainer.
www.mylondonpersonaltrainer.com

1 comment:

  1. You always say such inspiring things. i appreciate your positive outlook too. thanks Margot!

    ReplyDelete