Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 8 30 in 30 June 29th

True confessions could be a subtitle for this Blog...The weekend was both great and frustrating. Let me explain.
Saturday dawned with a great night's sleep and I felt really energized. I planned my day around family activities...I did my workouts and measured...Had a delightful luncheon with future daughter in law and her mother and sister...then some shopping, did my workout and dressed for the the Big Party...btw It was a beauftiful party...The encredible news is I only ate off of the buffet what would be considered ED friendly...and I only drank water the entire night while being introduced to 80 something strangers as I am the Mother of the Groom.

Because of my lack of complete food control. I decided to put off the WAVE until today when I am home. But I thought I can at least adhere to it as best I can while it is being done by everyone else. Probably my first mistake..

Sunday I got up and had to pack for the trip home, but I did accomplish my pyramid. I did three up and three down. More questions about that in the other discussion group. We all went to Sunday Services as a family and then out to a Greek Restaurant for lunch. I ordered a salad with a grilled chicken breast..and used my own dressing...must admit hard to pass up all the feta cheese etc...but pass I did... Then we headed to the airport and this is where the story.....gets dicy...

Flight from Mississippi to Texas was delayed..so no abililty to get something healthy...before 3 hr connecting flight..we left one gate, took us 15 min to get to our connection and walked on the second plane as it was already boarding...I am thinking my trail mix and water are going to come in real handy.. Due to mechanical problems we did no leave and in fact sat in a hot stuffy plane for and hour and a 1/2 waiting to find out if we were going to take off...They decided to pull back into the gate and let us off the plane.... It is now about 8 pm in Texas and I am so sick I just about pass out.. I walked around the food places looking for something appropriate and it was either closed or horrible food choices...Still thinking I could eat something healthy....I found hot dogs and sandwiches...at this point I did not care, I was starting to shake and knew I needed some food...so I bought a sandwich and it was not completely ED friendly, I did buy another litre bottle of water... 2 and 1/2 hours later we are told they have another aircraft and we have a shuttle ride around the airport to get to that gate.

The good news is that from being stuffed in the back corner of the plane in a window seat, with a rather Portly Man taking up a lot of space, I was now bumped up to first class for the 3 hr trip home.. Mind you there is also a 2 hour time change...of course I was forced to leave my husband back in Coach...but he too survived.

Sunday wrapped up with my getting home at midnight...No early bedtime and I do not think sleeping on the plane counts... to only 1 workout...but it was a good one...and most likely I did not get all my water in although I did drink a lot of it....So there you have it folks...not an easy day and I was sick at heart for not staying pure to the program...

Today is Monday and a brand new day and week...Slept late and it felt great...got up and started chores...unpack, laundry, open mail, you know the routine.. I have fixed a great breakfast..2 egg and veggie fritatta...
I am now going to print out the pyramid and this weeks work out schedule.

This is my story and I am sticking to it.....If you have read this and gotten a bit of a chuckle that is even better... I expect no mercy & no sypathy, but as we all know stuff happens...

I wish everyone a hugely successful WEEK 2 on the program.

Be sure to Check out Dax Moy Personal Trainer. www.mylondonpersonaltrainer.com

2 comments:

  1. Well done margot. You did your best in a bad situation and I don't think anyone could've asked more : )

    Dax

    ReplyDelete